Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another Season

I miss holding hands with the person I thought was going to hold my hand forever.
I miss looking into his eyes and knowing that I was safe.
I miss walking and talking and just entrusting everything to him.

Despite all of these things that I miss so terribly,
I know that God has such a wonderful plan.

Taking a step back and looking at our relationship,
I have been able to see that things weren't nearly as perfect as I thought they were.

Hearts have been hurt and lives have been altered.
But, I know that if we are truly called together,
Then we will be together.

No more crying over what was.
No more wishing I had a best friend at that level.

Now, all that I can do is trust.
Trust him.
Trust myself.
But most importantly,
Trust God.

He is bigger than the pain that I feel.
He is bigger than the hurt that aches.

God knows exactly how this is going to turn out.

Habbukuk 3:17-19:
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will REJOICE in the LORD, I will be JOYFUL in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my STRENGTH; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He ENABLES me to go on the heights."

AMEN!

1 comment:

Haircut

Haircut