Saturday, January 28, 2012

Exhausted, Yet Lifted Up

This week has been one of the more hectic weeks I have had in a very long time. Plans changed rapidly, it was Screamin' Eagles Week, I had not one, two, or three guests stay with me...but four! I went to the emergency room on Monday night, got back at 3:30 a.m. and took an exam in my 8:00 a.m. class the next day (passed with a 94%, Praise God!). I fell asleep on the floor during my dinner break at work, got all of my assignments completed and turned in on time, interpretive danced to Fireflies with all of my sisters, remembered why I fell in love with God and how much He has done for me, remembered one of the reasons why I fell in love with Noah and grabbed my heart back before it became re-entangled. Needless to say, this week has been exhausting. Yet, I have never experienced the grace of God to such fullness as I did this week!

Taking time with God was absolutely necessary this week. Which I did. Someone said to me this week: "We have to face pain without fear." This has meant so much to me just thinking about how different my life would be if I didn't have Christ to lean on and depend on for my strength; knowing that He is the only reason why I don't need to live in fear of what COULD be! This Monday is the beginning of the Live Dead challenge. I am looking forward to what God has in mind for me to experience in His infinite grace.

Noah and I are going to coffee today. As it has become in my mind, going to coffee means that you are trying to get to know someone better. So, it will be interesting to see what comes about after today. I am hoping that my heart will stay content with being blissfully at peace with what God is doing! God is so good and after a couple minor breakdowns this week (just struggling with trusting His will over mine) I am confident in who I am in Christ and I am confident in what He is doing in me!

"Do not let your hearts be troubles. Trust in God, trust also in me." John 14:1

The following is a note that one of the girls who stayed with me this week wrote to me:
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4 -for Elisabeth Culton
This is not only a blessing but a promise for when you mourn He promises there will be comfort. Trust that He is the ultimate comforter (2 Corinthians 1:3-4) and his desire for you is not that your mourning will go unnoticed but trust/know that you will find comfort."

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comfort us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Haircut

Haircut