Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Unemployment

For those who don't know, the woman I was taking care of as a caregiver passed away on December 20th. It was very expected, and so very peaceful. While this was a sad expectation, the realisation of being unemployed came with a little bit more of a shock. But, that would be a very long post. So, I thought instead, I would give you some insight into my most recent revelations about this all new chapter. Please enjoy and look for more updates as Jesus continues to show me the directions He already had planned for Noah and me ❤️
Things I've learned since being unemployed: 
1) finding a job is a full-time job - a truth my momma always told me about, but I've never understood until now.
2) so much of the world's communication is via computers; and though I find it annoying, that's just the world we live in.
3) not having a computer or internet at home has given me a new found appreciation for the public library system - especially since usage is free in Washington state. 
4) I haven't really written a resume since high school; come to find out, writing a resume is much easier when you have much less experience.
5) I've never had so much appreciation/respect for house-wives as I do now; somehow, I clean the house everyday, and it is just as messy just hours later - and we don't even have kids or pets!
6) sleeping in is both wonderful and dangerous in the sense that I have no pressing issues to attend to so, why not just sleep - then BOOM its 11AM and none of my goals have been accomplished.
7) my house can only be so clean before its obsessively clean.
8) the freedom to have a hobby is a bit daunting; there are so very many to choose from!
9) I, in fact, LOVE to cook; think of all the recipes Noah is going to have to try!
And finally, 10) the only thing that I now know to be 100% reliable in all walks of life is the never-ending, never-failing, all-knowing, love, will, and insight of my God: Jehovah Jirah, and Abba Father.

2 comments:

  1. I love that God NEVER leaves us hanging.... waiting, yes! but NEVER without the hope of His love, direction and provision! He proves His faithfulness over and over again!! Can't wait to see what is next on your journey with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,be sure to do a happy dance every day to celebrate time off...that will change soon enough. Call/text me and I will take you out to lunch! Love you, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Haircut

Haircut