Thursday, November 27, 2014

For Everything There Is A Season

November 2013 - Mr. Noah Irish, my boyfriend of 3 years, proposed marriage, and I bought a wedding dress with my momma and sister.
December 2013 - graduated from Northwest University with my Bachelor's of Arts in General Studies and moved my 21-year-old self to Kirkland.
January 2014 - brought in the new year with 5 men (Noah included), broken guitars, and mortars in the fire place.
February 2014 - started a new job, only to give my two weeks notice three weeks later.
March 2014 - started at Starbucks as a fresh face with no experience.
April 2014 - transferred to another store and made approximately 20 new friends.
May 2014 - walked across a stage and received my diploma from the university president and hung out with my family and my soon-to-be family at lunch.
June 2014 - went home to Oregon to be showered by family and friends in honor of my wedding.
July 2014 - watched and stood next to one of my very best friends as she married her very best adventure buddy.
August 2014 - finalized all of the plans for our wedding with the help of my beautiful mother and sister, was taken out by two wonderful friends for my bachelorette party, saw one of my best friends come back from London, married my best friend, provider, and confidant on the 23rd, and started a new job 5 days later.
September 2014 - hit the six month mark at Starbucks and became a barista trainer.
October 2014 - turned 22, and lost a friend to cancer.
November 2014 - my parents celebrated 25 years of marriage, we signed a lease for a 104 year old apartment and will move in on the first of December, I gave my two weeks notice at a job I have had for 1 year and 4 months, and I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner last night.

This past year has certainly been filled with ups and downs, highs and lows, lefts and rights, and all that good directional stuff. It's been a tough year as well as a very...developing year. I'm reminded of all of God's promises to prosper us (Jeremiah 29:11), love us (John 3:16), and guide/restore us (Psalm 23:2). He's so faithful and so good to us. And this Thanksgiving, while I am working and giving wonderful people the caffeine needed to pep them up for family get-togethers or going to work themselves and my husband is doing the same, I'd like to leave you with this reminder:

"Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the LORD, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations" (Psalm 100).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Haircut

Haircut