Thursday, July 3, 2014

Where To Begin

Hello, faithful blog followers. It's been awhile. Allow me to update you on the current state of my life:

Work:
. I've been working more hours at Starbucks getting ready to start paying back my loans
. Recently, my supervisors have been asking me to supervise beginners while they make drinks which is a huge compliment to me!
. My six month review is in two more months, and I am hoping to become a barista trainer - I've always loved to teach!
. The transition to a new store was difficult at first, but now I love my store and fellow partners!

School:
. I finished Microbiology and learned from the experience that as much as I love to learn about and practice science, I'm not sure that I see it as a life career for me
. On that note, after much prayer and consideration, I've been told to wait to go back to school as I am currently making a big transition into becoming a wife!
. I am going to go pick up my diploma from NU on Monday, and finally get to see (on paper) the fruits of my labor

Church:
. I love teaching Beloved and it is going well so far! I faithfully have about seven girls who attend and we are making our way through Hebrews (that is a whole other blog post in itself!)
. Noah and I have been youth leaders for one year and four months and its going pretty well! We've graduated three kids and have been continuing to learn about the other kids and grow to love them more and more
. We are also continuing to grow more and more in the community/body of the church and we feel so at home at Calvary Monroe

Home:
. My wonderful roommate Rylie is getting married next weekend!!! Which means that she is officially moving out on Monday. She was my pseudo roommate for four years, and then my actual roommate for seven months and I have loved getting to know her and continuing to grow into the bosom buddies that we've become.
. Noah and I will be living here, where I currently live, beginning August 23rd, for no more than six months (at least that is the plan as of now).
. My house is currently in a state of disarray as I have not had time to sit down and put everything away!

Love:
. Noah and I get married in 50 days! After over 1350 days of dating, we are tying the knot and I can count the number of weeks on two hands ;)
. The past two weeks, I have been terribly homesick and really missing my family in Oregon. It would appear that the next time I go home, I will be a married woman and that has been a major adjustment to process through.
. My oldest nephew turned fifteen one week ago and I can hardly believe that! To top it off, my youngest nephew is turning five in five days! Let me remind you that he did not walk or talk when I left for college!
. I have been a fairly absentee daughter/sister/aunt to my family in Oregon - no excuses here - and I feel awful about that. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, and in my lackluster communication skills via technology, I've learned to be in prayer for my family every time they cross my mind. So, they are constantly being prayed for!

That is a summary of my life as of late. Some of the nitty-gritty information was not transferred onto this post via my fingertips because it is too long to write about and this is an update ;) But, through all of the changes I have been experiencing, the Lord has constantly been reminding me that He alone is enough and that He alone is the lifter of my head and the sustainer of my life. And, He's also allowed me moments like this, where I am able to reflect back on all that He has brought me to and through in the past years, and be truly blessed by how well He knows me and is continuing to shape the woman I am becoming.

Well, dear reader, that is all for now! How blessed we are with the technology to be able to keep up with one another even from hundreds of miles apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haircut

Haircut