Saturday, March 2, 2013

Body

I've held sleeping babies
I've held crying women
I've held the hurting addict
I've held the pen to paper
I've held the hands of my love
I've held my nephews
I've held my terrified sister after a fire
I've held the door for strangers
I've held my makeup brush
I've held cameras making memories
I've held tear-stained letters
I've held the cell phone - always a distraction
I've held anger inside
I've held hurt in my eyes
I've held fear and sorrow where no one can find
I've held stress on my brow
I've held frustration
I've held my Bible
I've held a microphone
I've held on to a podium for dear life
I've held hospital gowns
I've held stethoscopes
I've held someone's medication
I've held thoughts dear to me
I've held responsibilities
I've held a broken arm
I've held on to past sorrows
I've held on to guilt
I've held on to pride
I've held on to hope
I've held on to joy
I've held on to friends
I've held weights
I've held the weight of the world - or so I thought
I've held decisions
I've held secrets
I've held my tongue
I've held food
I've held onto the fact that even though I feel like I've held onto so much, God is always holding onto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haircut

Haircut