Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sacrifice of Praise

Recently, my plans have been altered. As previously posted, I am no longer enrolled in the Northwest University Buntain School of Nursing. However, I am still enrolled in Northwest. I am living in Monroe in a lovely couple's spare room. I am helping to lead youth, and I am starting up a young women's Bible study at Calvary Chapel Monroe. I haven't been home since March, my things are either in storage or in my half of a closet. I have cried more in the past day than I have in a long while. I told my mother the other day that I feel like my life is an etch-a-sketch. I had everything all drawn out like I thought it should be and God came and shook everything and made my plans disappear in order to remind me that He is the author and perfecter of my faith and He knows better than I do what exactly I am supposed to do in this life. All I know is that my offering of praise is minimal at best. My offering of trust and willingness is adequate, but praise . . . how can I praise Him when my world seems to be hanging by a thread? Well first of all, I can pray according to HIS WILL. I John 5:14 says, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." Uh, hello! I want to be heard - but, it is only through HIS will (not mine) that He hears me. Second, how do I show my love for God in this time of frustration and confusion? "This is love for God: to obey His commands. And his commands are not burdensome" I John 5:3. Did you catch that? His commands are NOT BURDENSOME! Well, there is a good place to start. I should be following His commands rather than my own or the commands of this world. So far, commands of this world have proven to be fruitless and futile because, "...the whole world is under the command of the evil one" I John 5:19. But, the very next verse says this: "We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true - even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" I John 5:20. Well, there you go! UNDERSTANDING. That is a gift - not so that we can know everything there is to know. No! So that we may know HIM WHO IS TRUE - the ETERNAL LIFE and TRUE GOD. That is someone who I want to know!

So, having said all of that, I know that my praise is to be offered. I am serving the TRUE GOD who gives me understanding, hears my prayers, doesn't burden me, and offers me eternal life. I know that life is hard, people die, I sin, bad things happen to good people, and sometimes I burn the toast. But, hey, if there is someone who loves me enough to offer His Son as a ransom for my sins, than I ought to be down on my knees even if I feel like I will never be able to get up. 



"You turned my wailing into DANCING; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with JOY, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." 
Psalm 30:11-12

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eli! I'm so encouraged by reading you pot. This was similar to how I felt when I didn't make it to second semester of the nursing program. However, God really does have a plan for you and other people as well! I pray and hope for the best that He has for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Haircut

Haircut