Tuesday, May 7, 2013

An Exhilarating Close

Another chapter in my life has come to a close. Tomorrow, at 1:40 PM, my Junior year of nursing will conclude...for now. I would love to say that it is ending for ever, but apparently, that is not what God has in mind. Rather, I will be competing my missions minor, as well as earning my psychology minor during the fall and spring semester next year along with repeating a couple of classes from this semester. My professor said to me just yesterday, "Elisabeth, this is a loss. Allow yourself the time to grieve and be sad about it. And then, move on." Granted, it is a loss that I will not be in the program, it is an even bigger loss of my pride. Having my plans completely altered, that wasn't on my list of things to do in my life; but thankfully, I have the best event planner on my side. So, as one chapter comes to an exhilarating close, another is eloquently introduced. The next chapter will be titled: The Modified Mission Field. On Friday, I move into a family's home in Monroe and I will spend my Summer working with the youth of Calvary. To say I am surprised that I will be preaching and leading all Summer would be an understatement. I am literally baffled. Praise God that He is able to fill my mouth because most of the time, it just needs to be shut! So, my book is still being written, and thankfully, I have a wonderful Author. 

"You will keep perfectly peaceful the one whose mind remains focused on You, because he (a.k.a. Elisabeth) remains in You." 
- Isaiah 26:3

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm actually more excited for you that you get to do a mission's minor + {all the other awesome things happening in your life right now} than if you had moved on to the next semester of nursing school. Proud of you friend:) I love you dearly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend! I am so looking forward to next year! It is going to be wonderful and so different than I had imagined! I love you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Haircut

Haircut