Tuesday, August 20, 2013

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

My last semester of my undergrad career start on Monday. That is both extremely exciting and extremely nerve-racking. College has been one of the most challenging, yet rewarding times of my life. This morning when I woke up, I felt sad - my joy was minimal. When my parents plan to come up here and help me move changed that made the sadness all the more evident. However, I am reminded that joy is a fruit of the Spirit. And, by the grace of God, the Spirit lives in me. As a result, I have the opportunity to be joyful always. As a little girl, my mom would say that when I complained, I had to say two things I was thankful for. As an adult, I have to remind myself to do just that. With that being said, I would like to say a few of of my favorite things.

1) the grace that God gives me on a daily basis; not because I earn it, but because He loves me that much.

2) my ever-loving family. I was able to spend last week in Oregon seeing my crazy family, and I was so filled with all of the love that they consistently give to me.

3) Noah. Probably the most cliche answer, but my relationship with Noah and all of the wonderful and challenging experiences that have grown us, must be in the top three of my favorite things. I would not be who I am today without having the opportunity to grow with this man.

4) music. peaceful, tranquil, simple, acoustic music.

5) quality time with friends. no explanation necessary.

6) the beach/ocean. big and daunting, yet somehow the most relaxing and calming place.

7) coffee and laughter. they go hand in hand.

8) photography. being able to capture any moment and treasure it forever.

9) food. new foods and classic dishes. I also enjoy cooking - mostly because it involves food.

10) reading. getting lost in a world that someone has written for you to enjoy.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Haircut

Haircut