Monday, June 17, 2013

When It Rains, It Pours

This morning, I went to the Y to remind the manager that I am available for swim lessons and that I would love to have a job. I left there feeling defeated after I found out that he wasn't available due to being "in training." Assuming the secretary meant swim instructor training, I left a mess. My goal was to get a job by the first of June. Uh, hello, it's June 17th today! So, I came home and began to examine the available jobs via my school's website. I found one and gave the kind woman a call. She asked me send a resume and told me that once I met her mother who I will be assisting, I can start when I am ready. Wow. Next, I received a phone call from the Starbucks manager telling me that I nailed the interview and that she would love to hire me if it weren't for my living situation in the fall. She kindly told me that she doesn't want me to have to commute to Monroe and go to school in Kirkland. That was encouraging! She also told me that I had to apply in Kirkland because I fit the Starbucks bill. So, after talking to my mum, who encouraged me to just call a store in Kirkland, I did. I called the first one on the list and asked to speak to the manager who just happened to be the person who answered the phone. She asked me to come in for an interview tomorrow afternoon at 3:30. What?! I started to freak out. I had to call Noah! So, as I am just about to tell Noah all that happened, I get a call from the Y asking me to come in for an interview tomorrow morning at 11:00. Okay . . . wow.

When I walked out of the Y this morning, all that was dancing around my head was: $5,000. That is how much I need in order to pay for school - my last semester! The song playing on the radio said: "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord;" a song I have heard hundreds of times. But this time it hit home. I am waiting on the Lord. I don't know what is going to happen the rest of the evening let alone 6 months from now when I graduate! But, that song reminded me that in the mean time, I need to ask God to increase my strength. Particularly after feeling extremely defeated about not having a job. I prayed, "Lord, increase my strength because I just don't want to try anymore."

Now here I am. Three job interviews this week - two tomorrow. But, its not like God is magical; I could have not heard from any of those places, and I would still need to say, "Lord, increase my strength." However, God does hear our cries and He doesn't always answer how we want Him to. Keep praying, don't give up faith. Not because God is going to pull three jobs out of a hat, but because God is going to meet you right where you are, pull you gently off of the ground, and tell you that His ways are perfect - always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haircut

Haircut