Monday, April 11, 2011

Realizations

I have been extremely convicted of my constant need to put others down using my sarcasm lately. I don't mean to do it. But, I have learned that words are more hurtful than actions sometimes and they pierce the heart like a needle. In addition, my pride has been rearing its ugly head. Recently, I have been placing myself in a physically lower position than those that I am talking with. It helps me to see that I am no better than them and that I do not deserve to be seen in a higher light.

So much is going on at home, yet here I am in Washington. I just wish that I could be there for my mom and that I could watch Brodie as he adjusts to life with a label. I know that they don't NEED me there. But, I WANT to be there. My family means the world to me and I just have to continue to be on my knees for them instead of just worrying myself to death; that won't help a thing!

People often ask me when Noah and I are getting married: I AM ONLY 18! Not only that, but neither of us are ready to be married. We both have a lot of growing up to do before we make that kind of a commitment. I do love him though. More than I thought was possible at this stage in my life. He means so much to me and I am getting to the place where I can't even picture my life without him.

There are three weeks left in this season of my life: first year college student. It is so crazy how quickly this year has gone by. It kind of blows my mind that I am almost a 20-something and that I am no longer going to be considered a "freshman."

Thus far, I have realized a lot about myself and the people around me and how I relate to them. I have also fallen in love with the man that I never thought I would find. Also, I am continuing to fall in love with a God that I willingly serve and worship daily.

Life: it fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haircut

Haircut